Great news! Our churches can open their doors for Private Prayer!
Church of England and government guidelines allow that churches can open for ‘individual private prayer’. Each PCC has met to consider whether and when the parish church should open.
To keep everyone safe, the following steps have been taken to ensure minimal risk:
- please check in using the QR code or sign in sheet (in case track & trace needs to be used)
- wear a face mask & keep social distance if others are in the church
- hand sanitiser will be provided at entrance to the church
- areas that can be accessed and used within the church will be limited
- high standards of hygiene will be maintained, with regular cleaning & wipe down of surfaces
To view the Benefice policy ‘Using Church Buildings for Private Prayer’ click here. Each PCC has also compiled and had approved a risk assessment before opening its church. Please go to the particular church page to see this.
Church opening hours are:
Norton Church Open daily from 10 am – 4 pm
Down Hatherley Church Open daily from 10 am to 4 pm
The Leigh Church Open daily
Sandhurst Church Open daily – 9 am to 5 pm
Boddington Church Open daily
If you feel unwell, please do not visit any of our churches. Stay at home and follow NHS guidelines.
We look forward to seeing you!!