Great news! Our churches can open their doors once again!
Church of England and government guidelines have now been updated and allow that churches can open for ‘individual private prayer’. Each PCC has met to consider whether and when the parish church should open.
To keep everyone safe, the following steps have been taken to ensure minimal risk:
- opening hours will be limited to once or twice a week
- hand sanitiser will be provided at entrance to the church
- areas that can be accessed and used within the church will be limited
- the main door will be kept open to maintain good airflow and reduce contact with handles etc
- high standards of hygiene will be maintained, with regular cleaning & wipe down of surfaces
To view the Benefice policy ‘Using Church Buildings for Private Prayer’ click here. Each PCC has also compiled and had approved a risk assessment before opening its church. Please go to the particular church page to see this.
Church opening hours are:
Down Hatherley Church Every Wednesday morning 10 am to 12 noon
Norton Church Every Tuesday from 10 am – 4 pm
Sandhurst Church Every Saturday from 10 am – 4 pm
If you feel unwell, please do not visit any of our churches. Stay at home and follow NHS guidelines.
We look forward to seeing you!!